Avant Garden – The Canberra Fashion Festival
by The Editor
Well, this is kind of a big deal. This weekend Hotel Realm plays host to Avant Garden – a celebration of Canberra’s best and brightest, featuring local designers, top models, makeup artists and hair stylists. If you’ve got an eye for fashion, this is one event not to be missed.
Between Friday 23 and Sunday 25 November with guest speakers, runway shows, pop up events, street performance and much more. The VIP night will be Friday 23rd November on the rooftop of ZOO Advertising, Kingston. There will be pop up events on Saturday 24th November, and the main event will take place on Sunday 25th November 2012 at Hotel Realm, Barton.
There are a number of different tickets available (and even a raffle!) which can all be purchased from here. The details of the afternoon straight from the event’s website includes a wide range of exclusive fashion by local designers supported by:
- The region’s notable and upcoming Models, Make-Up Artists and Hairstylists
- Photographic exhibitions from two of Canberra’s leading photographers
- A surprise local DJ who will be spinning tracks and setting the mood
- Unique millinery by some of the best local designers, specifically created for this event
- A live performance by Canberra’s locals ‘The General Specific’
- A hypnotic and energetic dance performance
- VIP Interviews with key industry insiders
- Interactive installations with models showcasing various local designers
- An auction of a selection from the designs seen on the runway at the festival.
Congratulations to ZOO Advertising, Red Photography and Bytes ‘n’ Colour, who are providing a lot of momentum for local fashion. This looks like it will be a fantastic show, and one to hopefully become an annual event.